Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Running v. Preparation

I spend a lot of time preparing to run in addition to running a few
times a week. I'm a little scared to calculate the time spent
preparing because chances are it's far more than I actually spend
running. Think about it. How long does it take you to plan your
routes, manage your playlist music, clean your water bottles, stretch,
ice down your sore muscles, stock up on energy food, properly launder
your running clothes (air dry), and of course, gathering all the
aforementioned so that you can just grab it and head out the door
within a few minutes or have it ready in the car. Oh yeah, don't
forget you actually have to factor in the time it takes to get to the
route you're planning to run. All things considered, it's a big time
commitment to stay healthy. Luckily running is one of the less
preparation intensive activities - don't even get me starting on
cycling!

In the spirit of speeding up the process, I thought I would help out
with the music end of things by suggesting a some of my favorite
running songs. Feel free to share yours - I need the inspiration!

The Distance by Cake
Disturbia by Rihanna
A-Punk by Vampire Weekend
Rock Your Body by Justin Timberlake
Yeah! by Usher
Forever by Chris Brown
Low by Flo Rida
Son of a Preacher Man by Dusty Springfield
Midnight Rider by Allman Bros
In da Club by 50 Cent
Naughty Girl by Beyonce
Hot n Cold by Katy Perry
Suspicious Minds by Elvis
Just Dance by Lady GaGa
Stronger by Kanye West
Only Happy When it Rains by Garbage
I'm Coming Down with the Blues by Marcia Ball
Cold Shot by Stevie Ray Vaughn
Catfish Blues by Gary Clark Jr
Can't Get You Out of Mind by Kylie Minogue
Uninvited by Alanis Morissette
California Love by Dr. Dre
Closer by Nine Inch Nails