Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

Another great weekend



On Saturday, I saw this little fella having a great time at Frankenbike. What a fun ride huh? He had a heck of a time getting it to stop.



This is my new bike - well a stock photo of my new bike, a Redline 925 that I picked up at ATX Bikes, a small shop with great service in South Austin. I saw it a couple of weeks ago and have been daydreaming about it ever since. It's the perfect townie bike for me - made of steel, singlespeed (or flip to fixie), fast and lovely. The rear hub easily converts it from a SS to a fixed track cog. Plus, the owner of the shop fixed it up right with riser bars - I'm not a bullhorn fan. All I need now is to add my bell, lights, name it, and take some pics. Stay tuned. Did you see the sweet fenders ;-)

On Sunday, we headed to Mule Shoe Bend for some trail riding. On the way there, we stopped at the Country Music Miniature Donkey Farm to take a few pics. They're so cute and photogenic!


We also met this gent coming off the trail after riding this full suspension folding bike. Say what? It's a Dahon that he special ordered from Germany. I can't get over the high seatpost.




Of course, no trail riding post is complete without a photo of me in action!