Pages

Friday, April 03, 2009

A little chi is always good

So as promised, I checked out the Tai Chi class at Ruta Maya Coffee House with Angel Quesada. I was a little nervous about it but was pleasantly surprised by how welcoming the group was and impressed with Angel's teaching style. Angel conducted the class outside near a fountain because the weather was amazing. The sun was warm and the fountain in the background added much to the experience. For those of you who have never seen tai chi practiced, the practitioner's movements are as fluid as water and as light as air. This takes years to achieve but I was pleased to learn a few movements. The results were immediate both physically and mentally. I felt very relaxed and aware at the same time. I will be back! Cost of class - Purchase of an item from the coffee shop plus gratuity for the teacher.