Pages

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Wednesday urban Assault Ride

Last night I decided to break in my 925 on the biweekly urban assault ride/pub crawl celebrating Cinco de Mayo albeit a day late. Although the heat almost scared me away, I'm glad I ventured out. It's always cooler on the bike right? And you can't beat good ole Texas AC. The first stop began with a Michelada on the patio at El Chile in East Austin. What a lip burner! Next, we pedaled toward downtown via town lake trails to Rio Grande for more chips, salsas, and Coronas. After cooling off for a good hour, we pedaled back to the East side to Longbranch and then finally to Red House. It was a super fun cruise with great folks, music, and bikes. My 925 handled like a dream even on a few of the rollers we encountered in the neighorboods. No gears needed. ;-) Come join us for the next one in 2 weeks. Visit http://atxwar.blogspot.com/ for more info. We're also planning to do the Real Ale Ride on May 30. Good times.