Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

20/20

Ahhh.. It gets dark early, it rains alot, and I work out less and less. Outside anyway. Instead, I opt to hit the pool for a relaxing workout and yearn for those crisp fall days and evenings when I can run and run and run. Unfortunately the wet trails and drizzle have prevented me from accomplishing this task. What are you doing to battle the winter blues? Me? I'm having lasik surgery. After 25 years of wearing glasses and/or contacts, perfect vision is finally within my grasp. For as long as I can remember I have always said if I could have 3 wishes, one of those wishes would be for perfect vision. And now it's becoming a reality. I can't imagine how happy I'm going to feel out on the trail when I'm not constantly blinking or riding blind because my contacts dry out or threaten to fall out. Or in the pool swimming laps without concern. Or upon waking in the morning and not having to grope blindly for my glasses.