Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

On the Road Again

Since I prefer pub crawls on my single speed and the trails on my MTB, it has been a few years since I've actually ridden a road bike on the *gasp* roads. Now that I'm sort of (supposed to be) training for a triathlon in the distant near future, I decided to finally spruce up the Specialized that I purchased from a friend last summer and get it road-ready. This weekend, we made some adjustments and changed out the tires and tubes with new ones, changed out the flat pedals with my high end Shimano pedals from back in the day, and best of all, a lovely Terry Damselfly saddle as the cherry on top. I had forgotten how awful it is to change road tires. It was definitely a 2-person job this time around.

After completing a "test ride" around my neighborhood, I decided that it was indeed road-ready and headed out with my training group for a short ride out to the Veloway and back. I also forgot how fun it is to go really fast and have a bike that responds so quickly. I'm happy to report that she rode like a dream, there were no mechanical issues, and I had a great time. I'm so looking forward to my next ride. Pics to come!