Pages

Sunday, October 07, 2012

Peacock Lap Quilt

This quilt was inspired the colors of a peacock feather. I used a pattern called Saratoga and some of the fabrics from Amy Butler's Lark Collection. I love how it turned out even though it took me a long time. This was my first quilt and I essentially taught myself from a book and youtube videos. About three months into the project, I took a Beginner Quilting class and learned some tips to finish the back and the binding. I outsourced the quilting to local quilter with a long arm machine and I personally handstitched the binding which turned out to be one of my favorite things about the quilt. I debated over using a navy blue solid fabric for the binding but I'm so happy I went with the print. It really sings. Size: 47 1/4 x 64 Fabric: Amy Butler Lark, Navy, Others Binding: Amy Butler Lark, Hand stitched Pattern: Front - Saratoga; Back - Panel with border. Quilting: Long Arm Flowers and Vines