Pages

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Busy Saturday

Day 12 of the challenge was a maxi skirt, white tee and metallic sandals.  It was a hot day here so I opted out of the challenge again (maxi skirt) as we planned a very active day at the pool, the playground and a picnic.  Seth and I swam laps at the Southwest YMCA pool.  They have such an amazing outdoor area - lap pool and a kiddie pool with a tiny tike slide, rain shower, and splash pad.  It's perfect for families.  After an hour there, we grabbed crepes for our picnic from Crepe Crazy and headed to a local park.  The crepes were amazing - ham/cheese/spinach and strawberry/sweet cheese.  After a long day in the sun, we chose to head on home where I made the most amazing white sangria which I made with a bottle of white wine, frozen lemon concentrate, orange juice, orange pelligrino, and frozen mangos and strawberries.  It was amazing.  My favorite part is sipping on sangria, while my husband tends to the grill (perch, veggie kabobs, and jalapeno poppers), and I play with Ella in our backyard.  She loves to play in her sandbox and to help me water the plants and garden.
to a playground for a picnic