Pages

Thursday, June 05, 2014

Working & Playing in Llano

This morning I had a court appearance in Llano County so off I went for a 3 hour round trip for about 10 minutes total in court.  Afterwards, I decided to take a spin around the square visiting the shops.  It's such a neat little town.  I found a couple of things at Hill Country Gifts & Wild Herbs and Rosy Outlook.  A Rosy Outlook was great - lots of "gypsy goods" - quilted pillows, pendants, t-shirts, cards, and other shabby chic items that I would love to have.  I ventured down further and found another shop Ruby Cowgirl which had great clothes and boots - Lucky, Old Gringo, etc.  It was a bit out of price range for an impulse buy so I browsed and left.  I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't any sale or clearance items.  On to breakfast at Juan Burrito which was really really good.  A young girl apparently out for the summer and helping her folks waited on me.  I had a steak and potato burrito with a root beer to go.  Excellent!  I then hit the road and passed a farm stand and loaded up with goodies - corn, beefsteak tomatoes, cucumber, squash, peaches, sweet potatoes, honey and fresh salsa.  Corn and salad is on the menu tonight!