Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Riding through South Austin


This week's ride was a 22-mile route starting from Williams Elementary in South Austin.  We rode past the Creedmoor area down county roads.  I swear I was in the country!  We flew by a exotic ranch which had exotic deer and ostriches! It was a great ride with a really nice group of folks.  The weather was perfect - in the 70s.  I love how the sponsors spoil us afterwards with mimosas, cold towels, snacks, and watermelon.  Can't beat the SAG!  And I am very pleased at my progress and comfort on the bike.  I've always prided myself on being a mountain bike kinda girl but now I am seeing the beauty of road riding - the companionship, the speed, and the ease with which I am progressing.  It feels good to do 22 miles versus just 8 on the mountain bike.  Of course, they're altogether different experiences but maybe those "higher" numbers is what my psyche needs right now.  I feel myself "needing" to get on the bike or to go for a run or a workout.  I went for another 1.5 mile run in our neighborhood on Thursday morning and it was TOUGH.  The humidity was a real killer but I did it.  Slowly but surely. Tomorrow I meet up with SKB for our bootcamp.  God help me.