Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Back in school

My lil bro left on Saturday after staying with us for a week. It was really fun having him here although the weather was cold. He was coming from an 80 degree heat wave in Dallas. But it snowed and he got to experience urban life in Beantown.

On Sunday, BF and I went XC skiing on Sunday with his parents and some friends. I really enjoyed it. I can definitely see us doing that as much as possible. It's neat because everyone can pretty much ski together and chat.

Monday was the first day back in class and the everyone's mood could best be described as somber. Everyone had way too much fun over break and the thought of a full semester of what we had just experienced in the fall was less than desirable. And we're all anxiously awaiting our grades. Last night, our Torts grade was posted and I was pleasantly surprised to see that my final grade was a B+ - my girlfriends also did well and were in the B range which is so awesome. Bs are not what most of us coveted in undergrad but in law school, they're rare and As are like precious diamonds in the ruff. The majority of students fall in the C range so yes, we are very happy girls. I got my CivPro midterm back and was disappointed. It was the one exam where I felt like I choked on the essay but did really well on the MC. The opposite happened. I bombed the MC and did well on the essay. *&@! Don't worry, I passed (just didn't get a B). The mid-term is only worth 30% of our final grade so I still have chance to bring it up on the final. No pressure! And I have B/B+ in LRW. So far so good! Still waiting for Property and Contracts. Keep your fingers crossed for me!