Pages

Monday, January 16, 2006

Does anyone want to hire a 1L with 10 years of corporate marketing experience?

It seems doubtful. I've been sending out resumes in the Boston area but it seems that I'm not getting a good return on the numbers so far. I do have one interview but realize with all likelihood that I will lose out to a BC or BU 2L. Sigh. Does it really require a sales pitch?? Don't they already inherently realize the benefits of having a true "professional" in their organization rather than a wet behind the ears 22-year old who will more than likely talk on the phone or chat via instant messenger with all their buddies. Or worse, maintain an overall high score of 6000 in solitaire or exercise their right to free speech by blogging during work hours. Trust me, if these folks do these things during a one-hour law lecture in which they run the risk of being called on at any minute to present a case, they'll do it during an 8-10 hour work day. No doubt. At any rate, that's my competition. And they're selling like hotcakes. Suggestions for a clever sales pitch? I'm all about advertising and promotion. I need that one tag line that gets their attention and gets them thinking! :)