Pages

Friday, January 20, 2006

Restless in Boston

It's after midnight and I can't sleep hence the entry. I guess there's too much floating around in my head. It started this afternoon with my ill attempt at writing my LRW memo on the attorney-client privilege followed by a befuddled reading of ConLaw. The words and concepts are parrying and jousting in my head. I guess I will try try try again in the morning. I just didn't get it. I need to stop thinking about it. But I can't, because fear reigns. Evil socratic method. Please don't call on me tomorrow. And if you do, please beg my pardon by allowing co-counsel to chime in. And no repeat of the Dillon case in which no one came to my rescue. Luck would have it that I get called on to present the cases that I'm struggling with.

SUBJECT CHANGE

Hmmmm.. The short and wintry days are really starting to affect my psyche. This is my first new england winter and although, it's been relatively mild, it's so depressing. I feel like a shut-in. We only had 42 minutes of sunshine the 1st week of January. Since then, my energy level flew way down. To combat the lethargy, I bought a sweet spin bike (got an amazing deal) for the house and signed up at an awesome gym near school that has kick@ss spin and yoga classes. I guess that's progress but I still haven't worked out. How can this be? I used to be so militant about working out and eating healthy. Since law school, my life and schedule have turned upside down. I guess it just goes to show that I want to succeed in school more than anything. Even though I feel like a good student, I don't feel like a better "me". Someone blow a whistle and tell me to get my fat @ss on the bike!