Pages

Friday, February 24, 2006

Ouch

I think my personal trainer is trying to kill me. Running on a treadmill on maximum incline is wrong. The hills of Tennessee aren't that steep! But I must say it feels good to feel the burn again. I survived the workout even though my muscles are screaming today. I'm getting there! I just signed up for Lynda Wallenfels' 12-week MTB training program so that I will be "race ready" by May with a few more PT sessions to keep me motivated. Luckily, I get a free gym membership through my team sponsorship so that will free up some cash for other stuff (for my bike, training, etc.). Yay! I'm going to compete again. Also, my shoulder is really doing well. It's not as strong as my right shoulder but I can easily do 20 pushups without too much pain. BIG DIFFERENCE than where I was a year ago. Then, I couldn't even ride my bike or a spin bike because I was putting too much weight on it and the impact from the trails was brutal. Yay! I have a new shoulder! Yay!