Pages

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Spring Break in Sedona!

Seth and I are going to Sedona, AZ for spring break to primarily mountain bike and hike. I've heard so many wonderful things about how gorgeous the area is with its beautiful red rock formations amidst the greenery. The pictures I've seen are breathtaking. We're also planning to spend a couple of days in the Grand Canyon too. A couple of years ago I did a solo trip to the north and south rims of the Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce Canyon and Lake Powell. The national parks are such a great resource - the scenery is unlike anything I could ever had of imagined and photos don't do it justice. The striking colors... the height of the mountains... the fresh air... Sometimes it feels good to feel really small in the face of grandeur. It puts life in perspective and it's a nice reminder to live in the moment.