Pages

Friday, April 28, 2006

Heroines

Each of these women are my new personal heroes. They each portray qualities of strength, courage, determination, commitment, humor, and empowerment that I admire and hope to one day emulate. I would love to be able to look back and say that wow! I really did change a little piece of the world, if not on a national level then hopefully within my local community. Each of these women have overcome unbelieveable adversity to become advocates. They are super-heroines in my book and an example of how strong we women really are and how empassioned we become when fighting for what we believe in.

Marian Wright-Edleman - attorney, reformer, childrens' advocate
Oprah Winfrey - she's Oprah, advocate, survivor
Angela Shelton - film maker, actress, advocate, survivor
Gloria Allred - attorney, feminist, advocate, survivor