Pages

Saturday, June 10, 2006

A Spooky Visit to Boston


Last weekend my mom and younger brother came to visit. We had a great time touring the city, walking the freedom trail and eating at Boston's most fabulous restaurants or at least mine and BF's favorites. I love seeing the excitement of those who have never been to the city. It was my brother's first time to a sophisticated city such as Boston and he was overwhelmed. He said at first that he felt claustrophobic because there was so much sidewalk and that all the houses are right on top of each other but as the days went by that he felt more comfortable and grew to love the quaintness of the neighborhoods. My poor mom was having a hard time walking the city. I tried to warn them that there's a lot of walking and it's different than what they're used to but they were both troopers. Luckily, I've come to know the city quite well or at least the hot spots so there wasn't much time wasted just wandering around.

One of the highlights of our adventures includes a trip to the Granary Burying Ground on the Freedom Trail near where I work on Beacon Street. It's rumored to be haunted and usually I think that's just a bunch of hype perpetrated by tour guides to draw tourists in but I changed my mind after my brother took this picture. It was taken in front of the grave of Benjamin Franklin's parents with a digital camera. The sky was completely overcast and it was a very drizzly, rainy day. This orb didn't show up in my brother's other photos nor in any of mine. It. was. eerie. My brother was quite spooked because his birthday was coming up on 6-6-06 "666" and he is very superstitious. On the plane to Boston, he was assigned seat no.18 which is 6+6+6 so he made my mom switch seats with him. Was it foretelling this spooky encounter?? I checked in with him after his birthday and nothing else out of the ordinary happened.