Pages

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Ahhhh.... Sedona!



Boyfriend and I headed out to Sedona for a few days to enjoy some quality time together before things started spinning out of control with work and classes. BF's parents have a timeshare there and this was my first trip with the "family." Sedona is a magical place. It's peaceful and above all, beautiful. During our stay there, we ventured to the Grand Canyon and also the Painted Desert both of which were amazing. We also hiked a trail in Sedona on lands that were originally inhabited by the Apache, my ancestors. There's something about walking where your ancestors walked hundreds of years ago. My great grandmother (father's grandmother) was Apache. And all the time I was in Arizona, I kept feeling the tug and pull of the land, its beauty, its healing power, and a most of all an undiluted feeling akin to homesickness for the big sky, the colorful sunsets and sunrises, and the closeness of being with family and within a community.