Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2007

It twas a good year

As 2007 comes to a close, I can't help but reflect on how quickly the years are flying. In my 20s, I couldn't fill up my time. Maybe because I didn't require as much sleep and had more hours in the day. Now it seems I can never have enough time to do anything and this is after scheduling, prioritizing, and managing. I also like to think about time in snapshots - who I was and what my dreams were at 20, 25, 30, and now 35. I am constantly amazed by how far off the track I have traveled. Literally. And I thank God every day for it. The best rewards come when I really push myself and boy have I pushed myself in the last 5 years. 2007 was a really good year. I learned how to ski and fell in love with New England in the winter. I've also gained more and more confidence in my decision to become an attorney and am really excited at the prospect of working for myself. I've also realized how homesick I am to be closer to my family. It's been 13 years since I've lived in Texas. While living in Nashville, I didn't really notice it because I could always find a reasonable flight or jump in the car and make the 9 hour drive. I can't do that here. I am really, really far from home. Maybe it's because I'm getting older. I don't know. But I do know that my heart just aches to be with my mom, my brothers and yes, even my dad.