Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A lot going on

Sorry I've been so incommunicado but it has been crazy here. In the last couple of weeks, I have submitted my bar application to the Texas Board of Law Examiners, finished up my internship at the BPD, started working on my business plan, and I'm in the throes of planning a huge event - Human Trafficking Awareness. The event is a little over a week away and there is a ton to be done. At the event, community activists, attorneys and law enforcement will be discussing the local and global impact of human trafficking and labor exploitation. They will discuss efforts to rescue victims and empower survivors as well as challenges in prosecuting traffickers. AND, charities that advocate for victims and survivors will be selling products made by survivors such as jewerly, purses, bags, and other items.