Pages

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Sunshine and Cauliflower

Could it really be winter? Today the Sunset Valley Farmer's Market was abuzz with all the locals heading to the market to enjoy the sunshine, warm temps (81 degrees!), and local produce. Seth and I scored Katz Jumping Mouse coffee, half dozen farm raised eggs, locally raised lamb stew meat, fresh brussel sprouts, broccoli, and beautiful heads of yellow and also white cauliflower. The cauliflower is gorgeous! I rushed them home and set them in beautiful white bowls with a little bit of water. I was thinking of making an Indian side dish with the cauliflower to go with the locally raised lamb that we purchased at the market but the cauliflower just looks so pretty sitting in the bowl. Maybe I should rush back and grab another! We also chatted with a wonderful lady who raises orchids - I always stop to admire the beauties on the way in and out. Today I couldn't resist the lovely pink one that is now sitting in my bud vase. Gonna cut this post short - it's lovely outside - gotta enjoy it while we can.