Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

4 more days

Wow, time really flies. It seems like only yesterday when I signed up to run the half. Now, it's just 4 days away. There has def been some ups and downs in my training due to the holidays but for the most part, I've stayed on course. That is until 2 weeks ago when my dog Trudy, a spunky 13 year old Cairn Terrier, was diagnosed with cancer and given a very dire prognosis. Consequently most of my time has been spent focusing on her care instead of training and preparing for the run. Cherishing every moment, ensuring that she is comfortable, and overall just trying to deal with the overwhelming emotions that bubble up every time I think about the good times and how she's just not going to be around that much longer. So even though, I haven't gone on a run in over a week and feel mentally depleted, I'm still planning to run this weekend. I'm probably not going to have a good finish or even a good run considering the circumstances, but I will celebrate the accomplishment of finishing. ;-)