Pages

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Trying to Make a Comeback

So, I’m two weeks out from running the half-marathon, and I have yet to run a single mile much less get back on a running regimen. I felt pretty banged up and sore afterwards and it definitely took a week to work out the soreness. A couple of my toes especially took a beating, making it difficult to wear close fitting shoes or socks for fear that I will lose a toenail or inflict more injury. Does anyone have any suggestions for healing toes and avoiding injury in the future? It seems like my toes are fine up to distances of about 9 miles. Anything after that and I experience discomfort leading up to excruciating pain. Which really sucks, because it’s the only thing that seems to slow me down. Maybe that’s a good thing? My plan is to wait it out a few more days and instead catch up on some strength training which has been sorely lacking since all this training began. I’m also considering training for another half or maybe a full marathon if I can work through this toe injury issue. Stay tuned. By the way, I’m still trying to figure out my new camera and hopefully will know how to post pics soon.