Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mountain Bike Proof Sunscreen and Action Wipes

I tried out a couple of new products this weekend while riding Walnut Creek - Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Spray with SPF 50 and Action Wipes.

Aveeno Sunblock Spray. I am happy to report that this product was sweatproof and easy to apply thanks to the mist. I recommend holding your breath while you spray though. Although it has an SPF50, the sunscreen lasted for the duration of my 3 hour ride in which I was sweating profusely and riding in and out of the sun and shade. As recommended, I probably should have reapplied it halfway through my ride just to be on the safe side. Still, I didn't have any splotches that usually occurs with sprays.

Action Wipes. Another product I used after the ride was Action Wipes. This wipe is meant to be used after a workout when you don't have time for a shower or you don't have a shower at the office. Action Wipes are much larger than your standard baby wipe and also it's good for your skin - all natural with tea tree and eucalyptus oils as well as the environment as you can wash them and repurpose them. After riding on Sunday, I used the wipe and am happy to report that I felt and smelled so much better. I even went out for lunch with my riding partners.

Please note that this review is an independent review as I actually bought these products and was not asked to review them. However, I can definitely say that I will continue to use these products unless you can recommend a better one. ;-)