Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

I'll remember you fondly 2009

Two thousand and nine has definitely been a momentous year in the Cochran-Green household.

We suffered the loss of our sweet girl, Trudy, in February.



Seth and I ran our first half-marathon in Austin.



I volunteered with BikeTexas and had the opportunity to work with staff, legislators, and the community to promote the Safe Passing Bill. Although Perry vetoed it, it has garnered overwhelming support. Austin passed a Safe Passing ordinance and now cities across Texas are moving forward with passing ordinances.



I hung my own shingle... and I am still in business. Next year looks even better.



We adopted the sweetest puppy ever.



We got married in one of our favorite places... Sedona, AZ. We were surrounded by our closest family and friends. And both my brothers got married this year. I became an aunt in October and will be again in January.



And, after wearing glasses for more than 25 years, I had LASIK a couple of weeks ago and now have perfect vision. Seth will have his in early January.



It has truly been a year of challenges, blessings, sadness, and love. A year in which many of my dreams have come true (husband, business, perfect vision). So long 2009 - I'll remember you fondly