Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Farm Fresh Inspiration



I'm so excited about this recipe! The kale and spinach that was delivered last week has been beckoning in my crisper. So after a little prompting from Mary Jo at Trust Your Style to try kale with kidney beans, I did a search on my Whole Foods iPhone app and came across this recipe. It's quick, super easy, and DELICIOUS. Seriously, I fussed at my husband for taking a large portion and then proceeded to polish it off all by myself.

Ingredients
5 cloves of garlic, crushed and sliced
3 tbsp of olive oil
1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes
1 cup of Vegetable broth
1 1/2 lbs of roughly chopped and trimmed mixed greens (kale and spinach)
2 cans of cannellini white beans (rinsed and drained)
Salt and pepper

Brown the garlic and red pepper flakes in olive oil over medium heat. Add the greens tossing until all wilted and bright green - 2 to 3 minutes. Remove greens from pan and drain in colander. Add the broth to the pan and scrape up the bits of garlic, then add the beans and heat through for about 4 minutes. Stir in the greens and salt/pepper to taste. I can't wait to bring this dish to a potluck. ;-)