Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

On my Doorstep



All week I have been waiting for my first local produce box from Greenling Organic Delivery. I started the program because I want to eat local organic products as much as possible and although I enjoy the farmer's market immensely, it's difficult to go every Saturday. So when I saw the box, I was relieved and extremely grateful. No long lines at HEB or the farmer's market.

Now what was in there? Yay! Tomatoes, red potatoes, green garlic, green shallots, spring onions, spinach, mixed greens, leeks, broccoli, lemons, tangerines, and..... kale. Uh oh. I don't know much about kale. Not to fear, Greenling also provided a flier that explains how to store the produce and several recipes.

I'm seeing visions of salads with lemon viniagrette, leek and potato soup, sauteed broccoli and rice.