Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Now Reading

Right now I'm reading Elizabeth Gilbert's new book Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage. I know. It's not about cycling but it is about a journey. The timing couldn't be more perfect considering my recent nuptials and my developing practice addressing legal issues that unmarried couples face. Is marriage really that scary? From my own experience, the engagement was fun, the wedding was magical, and so far, our post-nuptials have really been exciting. Since getting married, I feel closer to my husband and sincerely feel that we're beginning a fresh, new chapter in our relationship. I was single for such a long time and skeptical of marriage, relationships, and especially considering the sheer number of divorces and custody issues that I deal with on a daily basis. So you can imagine my surprise that it's been such an empowering process. Everything does change - but for the better. I have a feeling that Elizabeth Gilbert explores and concludes the very same thing.