Pages

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

To Kill a Mockingbird



Last week, I represented a client in a hearing at the Fayette County courthouse in La Grange, Texas (home of the infamous Chicken Ranch!). I felt as if I were on the set of To Kill a Mockingbird. The tables, chairs, old school staunchions, lighting, and a balcony were straight from that period! I felt my shoulders broaden just like Atticus Finch's and projected my voice (since there were no microphones) just as Atticus did in his arguments. Later on in the week, it aired on TCM!

And today the sun was out, the air was warm, and all the mockingbirds in my neighborhood were perched at the top of the trees defending their nests and singing their sweet melodies. Forgot what they sound like? Listen to one here.

Above photo is published from Birds of North America.