Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'm making a comeback!

It is now the beginning of week 5 of bar prep and I have finally bounced back. As you could probably tell from my post last week - I was feeling really blue and completely baked. The weeks of constant classes, studying, and fretting finally took its toll on my body and worse, my psyche. So, I took the reins, had a good cry and changed things up in an effort to get me back. I took a hard look at my schedule for the weeks ahead and also the pace that I have been trying to maintain for the last few weeks. It wasn't working. I'm learning the material but at the rate I was going, I was not going to have the mental stamina that I need to be successful during crunchtime. I took Sunday off and this week, I'm keeping it light with an emphasis on "mental health." I'm back to morning classes so that I can hit the gym in the afternoon and get to bed at a decent hour. I'm also back on my acupuncture regimen which has done wonders for my perspective and outlook. Hopefully, this week will give me the boost I need to do well on the practice MBE this weekend and the countdown to crunchtime. Keep me in your thoughts. ;-)