Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

I like it here....



Today the Sunset Valley Farmer's Market officially welcomed Spring with the arrival of tomatoes and flowers. I practically jumped up and down with glee when I spotted Blue House Flower Farm's table filled with fresh cut flowers. YES! I waited somewhat patiently for a couple of bouquets which only cost $11 total. I didn't catch the name of the lovely flowers - ??-dendrons? If you recognize them, please comment! I also picked up oyster mushrooms, brussels sprouts, tomatoes, fresh pasta, and Bibb Lettuce that is so beautiful it really could stand on its own as a centerpiece for the table. There were so many people that it was difficult to get great shots of the produce but I managed to capture a farmer restocking the greens, the crowd listening to live music, and of course, the colorful freesias. I couldn't help but smile and agree when I overheard a young boy tell his mom "I like it here." Have a wonderful day - I'm headed out to enjoy a SXSW venue crawl via bicycle.