Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

This ain't no playground


Yesterday I spent most of the morning in court waiting with my client for our case to be called - always good fodder for people watching. Anyway, this particular court hears a little of everything so I was in for a real treat. Juvenile offenses, probate, divorce. One case was particularly interesting (well kept me awake anyhow) because the parties were arguing, talking over one another, making snide comments, and worse, talking while the judge is talking. Like that particular party's attorney, I cringed because 9 times out of 10, a judge will go ballistic when this happens. Yesterday was no exception. The judge at one point told both parties that this isn't a playground where you two talk over one another and whoever talks the most gets the win (or something to that effect). Ahhhh... You gotta love family law. Luckily, my case went smoothly - divorce signed, sealed and delivered.