Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2014

When in New Braunfels

Stop by Naegelin's, the oldest bakery in Texas.  The bakery sells all kinds of goodies like cakes, donuts, pastries, cookies, bread, and much more.  I purchased macaroons, german rye bread, and cherry strudel.  Luckily for my family, I resisted temptation on the drive home which was really difficult considering that it was the end of a long day and I was starving.  This morning we sliced into the cherry strudel and were blown away by the flaky, sweet crust and icing.  It may warrant another trip to New Braunfels.  New Braunfels is really a neat little town and is home to lots of recreation like the Comal River (float) and Schlitterbaun.  It also has lots of great restaurants, German style bakeries, and shops.  I would have stayed longer in town shopping if it hadn't been for the pouring rain.